Wednesday, October 3, 2007

70 Years of . . . Yum?

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Spam,
Happy birthday to you!


Yep, you heard me correctly. Today is the 70th Birthday of Spam canned luncheon meat. OC called me from work to tell me he'd read about it on the front page of the paper during his morning commute. I teased him a bit and promised him I would go to the store and get him some Spam for dinner. He demurred, but encouraged me to read his post.

The Monty Python skit brought a recipe to mind. I thought I'd share it with you.

Spam Spread

1 can Spam, diced
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1/4 cup finely diced dill pickle (or sweet pickle if you swing that way)
1/4 cup mayo (or Miracle Whip if you're that type)
1 tbs. spicy brown mustard (You can use the plain stuff, but why bother?)

Mix. Chill. Spread on your favorite bread or cracker. Try to convince your loved ones to eat it.

Technorati Profile

4 Comments:

rendall tilden said...

Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it.

Pacific Quilly said...

Rendall -- LOL!

I Dive At Night said...

The recipe calls for 1 can of spam. Has one ever required 3/4 of a can?

I'm shocked by the modern selection of Quilly! It feels like I've just moved from cable to satellite and now have 4 channels where I used to have one. :-P

Anonymous said...

OC made Spam omlets -- used 1/3 of a can. The next day he used another 1/3 and made Spam breakfast buritos. (I liked them! I ate the last 1/3 while he was gone. Fried it and made a Spam, cheese and mustard sandwich.

Google
 

© Blogger Templates