Monday, November 19, 2007

Party Broccoli

Need a fancy veggie that's fast, easy and elegant? This one cooks in under five minutes. Like my Grand Green Beans Recipe, you may use your favorite cooking oil to subtly change the taste. For this one I use peanut oil.

This recipe came to be in a flash of creativity. I needed a fancy vegetable for an unplanned, yet special meal. I opened the fridge, checked out what I had on hand, and created:

Party Broccoli

3 tablespoons peanut oil
1 large clove garlic, slivered
1/2 small onion, thin sliced
1/2 pound broccoli florets, separated
5 small mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Heat oil in frying pan. Add onions, broccoli and garlic, then sauté until onion begins to turn translucent. Add cranberries and pecans. Sauté one minute more. Serve immediately.

0 Comments:

Google
 

© Blogger Templates