Thursday, November 15, 2007

Grand Green Beans

I prefer my vegetables raw, but on occasion, I've been known to cook them just a bit. Here's a fancy way to serve green beans if you like your cooked veggies crisp. This recipe has a bit of an Asian flavor thanks to the sesame oil, but you may actually use any type of frying oil you wish (or bacon grease if you aren't too worried about cholesterol).

Grand Green Beans

1/2 pound cleaned, fresh green beans
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thin

1 clove garlic
1/2 small onion, thin sliced
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 cup sliced almonds
salt & pepper to taste

Heat oil in small frying pan. Add onions and garlic then sauté until onion begins to turn translucent. Add green beans, red pepper and almond.
Sauté until veggies reach your preferred crispness -- for me I only sauté long enough to warm them through, so my total cooking time for the green beans is under 5 minutes.

0 Comments:

Google
 

© Blogger Templates