Sunday, January 6, 2008

Succulent Roast Chicken

I love the white meat on a chicken, but not when it's dry. On New Year's Day I roasted a chicken that came out moist and juicy. First, I cooked it in an Oven Bag -- in the crock pot -- breast down.

I put the defrosted chicken in the oven bag, added about 1/4 cup chicken broth, a minced clove of garlic, a bit of poultry seasoning and a quarter cube of butter. I then sealed the oven bag and placed it, chicken breast down, bag closure up, in the crock pot, which I had set to "high". I put the lid on the pot and left it alone for 5 hours.

When I lifted the bag out of the crock pot, the bag was full of the chicken's own natural juices. I cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and let those juices run into a pan. I used them to make gravy.

I served the chicken with sautéed vegetables, stuffing, and, of course, mashed potatoes and gravy. The chicken breast was moist, juicy and oozing with flavor.

0 Comments:

Google
 

© Blogger Templates